Laptop fan speed acer v5 471

Options
JohnChong_9788
JohnChong_9788 Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
My laptop is acer v5 471 pg i would like to ask how to increase laptop fan speed without 3rd party app ?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    JohnChong_9788 

The laptop CPU's are desiged with a higher TDP (max temperature).I don't think you can control Laptops Fan speed except for the gaming once of course. If you have heating issue, you can however remove and clean the fans for good airflow, other than that I dont think you can increase the fan speed on your laptop .

You can check the power settings of your laptop with these steps 
    Select "Control Panel" from the Start menu >Click “Hardware and Sound,” and then “Power Options.” A new window opens.
    Click “Change Plan Settings,” and then “Change Advanced Power Settings.” The “Power Options” dialog box opens.
    Select the “Advanced Settings” tab. Click the plus symbol associated with “Processor Power Management” to open an options submenu.
    Select “System Cooling Policy” from the submenu. Click the down arrow under “System Cooling Policy” to reveal a drop-down menu.
    Select “Active” from the drop-down menu to increase the speed of your CPU’s cooling fan. Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

You can also try using a cooling pad if you have any heating issues with your device.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    JohnChong_9788 

The laptop CPU's are desiged with a higher TDP (max temperature).I don't think you can control Laptops Fan speed except for the gaming once of course. If you have heating issue, you can however remove and clean the fans for good airflow, other than that I dont think you can increase the fan speed on your laptop .

You can check the power settings of your laptop with these steps 
    Select "Control Panel" from the Start menu >Click “Hardware and Sound,” and then “Power Options.” A new window opens.
    Click “Change Plan Settings,” and then “Change Advanced Power Settings.” The “Power Options” dialog box opens.
    Select the “Advanced Settings” tab. Click the plus symbol associated with “Processor Power Management” to open an options submenu.
    Select “System Cooling Policy” from the submenu. Click the down arrow under “System Cooling Policy” to reveal a drop-down menu.
    Select “Active” from the drop-down menu to increase the speed of your CPU’s cooling fan. Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

You can also try using a cooling pad if you have any heating issues with your device.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • VegasWhoa
    VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    My laptop is acer v5 471 pg i would like to ask how to increase laptop fan speed without 3rd party app ?
    Trust me, you ll want a third party app to keep the fan speed at 100%   Notebook fan control is what I use and I keep it at 100% all the time except when its over night. I manually turn it off.  As I type this,  my E5 runs 80-84c and with 100% fan speed, I m at 58-60c.  So I ll take that difference any day of the week for longevity of this laptop.  Heat has already killed my 940mx and my SSD has multiple failures.   Unfortunately this all happened 2 weeks after my 1 yr warranty.  Best part, Hynix says their SSD sc300 has a 3 year warranty and ACER won t do jack about it LoL