Undervolting limits??

illenic
illenic Member Posts: 64 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hey guys I’ve been doing lots of research and testing for undervolting my nitro 5 and I managed to get a stable undervolt at -.275mV! I did stress tests and passed no problem, my question is, does it effect performance at? In any type of situation? From light work to heavy loads?? Any performan:disappointed_relieved: decreases come undervolting? Thanks!! :D

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited February 2018
    illenic 

It should not affect performance. As long as your processor/system is stable with theundervolt, you should not see a difference in performance. The only thing thatundervolting should do is to lower the voltage and lower your laptops temp. 

Undervolting your CPU is safe in the sense that you can't break anything by it, no smoke will arise. In some cases, consequences include apps freezing, windows hanging, and random reboots. In case of these, just restart your laptop if it doesn't do it on its own, and when you load up windows again, XTU will warn you that something went wrong, and that it reset the CPUs default settings, and then you can try again. 

Here's the weblink with information on undervolting posted  by Ace member brummyfan2
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/554963#Comment_554963

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • illenic
    illenic Member Posts: 64 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Ok awesome!!! Thank you verrrrryy much I will take a look at that link right now!!😁😁