Cpu Fan of Predator G3620

Options
DarkStealth
DarkStealth Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Hi, i have a Predator Desktop G3620 for 4 years and the CPU fan died recently. So does anyone knows which CPU fan model is it using or compatible CPU Fan so i can buy it from online or something to replace it. Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Assuming that we are talking about the fan that blows directly on the CPU heatsink, it is a standard four wire fan (power + and -, speed sense, speed control). Measure the hole placement and thickness and you should be good to go. They don't give us a spec for air movement (in the USA it's CFM), but if the vendors do just pick one that moves a fair amount.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    DarkStealth 

Is it the Heat Sink Fan Assembly on the CPU or the System Fan connected to the chassis?
    Have you removed the side panel and checked the fans and the connector plugged into the motherboard?

Just make sure, go into the bios to check fan speeds. If those are normal, it may be your motherboard wonking out.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Assuming that we are talking about the fan that blows directly on the CPU heatsink, it is a standard four wire fan (power + and -, speed sense, speed control). Measure the hole placement and thickness and you should be good to go. They don't give us a spec for air movement (in the USA it's CFM), but if the vendors do just pick one that moves a fair amount.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DarkStealth
    DarkStealth Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks Sharanji and billsey for the help. pardon my unclear question. i was referring to the fan on the heat sink so i would say both answers helped me a lot. thanks u both for the help and advise u both gave me  =)