X34A color artefacts during alt-tabbing and starting games

Options
totallytim
totallytim Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 23 in 2018 Archives
When I start a game like Overwatch or Vermintide 2 in exclusive full screen mode or alt-tab from/to it I get these color boxes like the GPU is dying. It started happening about a month ago.
It looks something like this: https://i.stack.imgur.com/sDKrZ.jpg but only about a 1/3 of the screen is covered in boxes, the background is black and the pattern isn't as regular as here.
I have no issues during gameplay, just when switching from Windows desktop to ingame full-screen mode and it lasts only for a moment.

As far as I can tell this only happens in 100hz mode, 95hz is so far fine from the limited tests I've done.

Is my Monitor dying? Should I RMA?
Thanks

(Please don't try to sell me the "100hz is non-standard, use a lower frequency" tale. I paid a high premium for that advertised feature. If I wanted a lower refresh rate I'd have gone with the competition for half the price)

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    totallytim 

Artifacts, lines and strange colors are signs of a dying GPU. You can try using Display driver uninstaller in safe mode and then reinstall your drivers to check the issue.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!