Liquid Zest Plus bluetooth issue with car handsfree device

Options
Monot
Monot Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
I just purchased Liquid Zest Plus. I like it, except that it has issues with my car's bluetooth handsfree system.

The phone pairs with the car's bluetooth handsfree system, but the way it works together with the handsfree system is abnormal. When I make a call using the handsfree system (a Honda), a call is placed, but then the handsfree system immediately hangs up the call. This, however, does not result in the phone actually getting hung up on the phone itself, as the phone keeps ringing until someone picked up the phone on the other side. When someone picks up the phone, I can have a conversation with that person using the car's audio and mic, but there is no way I can hang up the call now since the handsfree system of the car thinks the call has already been hung up. I.e. the phone's call status is not properly synced with the handsfree system. In order the end a conversation, I now have to pull out the phone from my pocket and hang it up from the phone itself, which defeats the purposes of having the car's handsfree system in the first place.

The car's handsfree system works without any issue on family members' iPhone and Blackberry. In other words, when I pair the iPhone to the handsfree system and place a call, the car's handsfree system does not "hang up" while the call is actually ongoing, and it's only when I click on the hang up button on the car's display at the end of the conversation that the call actually gets hung up on the iPhone too.

I have read and tried the steps suggested at: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/484163/liquid-zest-bluetooth-car-paired-but-no-cell-sound

(The issue being discussed in that thread is not exactly my issue either, in any case.)

Any assistance will be really appreciated. Thank you very much.