Coolboost not appearing in Acer Quick Access

DarkFus10n
DarkFus10n Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi. I have an Acer Aspire VX5-591G and it has dual cooling fans. I should have the Coolboost feature but for some reason I don't. I tried putting the Coolboost.dll file which I obtained in the plugins folder but that didn't work either. How can I fix this issue?

Cheers.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    >>>I should have the Coolboost feature but for some reason I don't>>>

Why do you say "should" ?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DanTheManIsDaMan
    DanTheManIsDaMan Member Posts: 1 New User
    DarkFus I have the same laptop and same problem as well. It also doesn't have dust defender or coolboost in the quick access application. I think what he is getting at JackE is that we both have an acer product and these are both free and highly universal software from our laptop manufacturing company. It is sort of expected that they would be provided with these free softwares since we are loyal customers. With that said, I get that some software is not always compatible or out of date for newer/older technology. However, especially for a year old gaming product, ( which are known to get hot and need cooling, even entry gaming level laptops) it would be obvious that these laptop models would need such a software. If acer decided not to provide us with compatible free cooling software or made out laptops incompatible with the software, like the PredatorSense software that let's them manually max out their fan speeds, then it can be assumed that this is acer allowing our laptops to overheat more than they should, thus wearing down the components quicker, thus forcing us (like apple) to have to buy a newer more expensive model sooner than we could probably afford or want to get. 

Either way, it makes no sense that they imply that these two free applications are embedded into a free software and then make either the software or the product incompatible with one another. Especially for a gaming laptop, at any level. If I had an 800 dollar notebook that was just for productivity, I get that. But making a gaming laptop and then saying unless you get the 1200 or more model you get no free cooling options, thats really rotten of acer.