Servicing my Acer X1261P DLP PRojector still possible??

Options
TheNephilim
TheNephilim Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited February 27 in 2018 Archives

Hi All,

I have 2 Acer X1261P DLP Projectors I use for my Gaming rig. Now they are a bit older now and I was wondering will Acer be able to still fix these Projectors. I know they are not under warranty I will pay just curious if they can still aquire parts needed to repair these units..

I need a DMD Chip Replaced on one and a color wheel on the other.. thank you

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    TheNephilim 

If the projector cost less than $600 new, don’t even bother with a repair. A new projector is your best bet for saving money. Or you can use this as an opportunity to trade up to newer features like higher resolution or HDMI inputs.
     If the projector cost less than $1,000 new, this situation can be a coin toss between a cost-effective repair and an upgrade. If you are due for a lamp change, this can exacerbate the cost of repair.
     If the projector cost more than $1,000 new, chances are that this is going to be a cost effective repair, and you should do it.

You may go ahead and contact Acer support in your region and check the availability of parts  to get an estimate for repair  
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    You own multiple of the same projector? If so, you can use two bad projectors to make one good one, saving on parts.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!     
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • TheNephilim
    TheNephilim Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options

I am using these 2 Projectors with NVidia 3D Vision. I need to keep these two going for some time to come. I can not upgrade too new Projectors and don't plan on it for these 2 Projectors as they are NVidia 3D Vision certified and they don't make new 3D vision certified Projectors..

Sorry buying new Projectors is NOT an Option.. I was just wondering if they still carried dor could get the parts needed to do the repairs.. that is all..