Keyboard issue. Lag and delay on Aspire v3 722

Options
alezzi
alezzi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
From a week I have a problem that made the laptop unusable. When I'm typing something, the input on the screen stop every 1.5 seconds and stay frozen for about 0.5-1 seconds. Meanwhile I continue with the typing and after its unfreeze, its mess up the input. I try everything. Update drivers, uninstall drivers/devices, reinstall, I try with clean boot, even I reinstall the windows with newer and older version.
The laptop Is ok with i7 and 8 GB of ram. I went to your technicians for my country, they check everything but there are no hardware problems. Also they try another keyboard and after this - another parts. Still the same. The input is laggy. I was thinking that it was from the win 10 updates, I didn't know witch one was, so I remove all of them - still the same. That's why I install another 2 windows 10 and one win 7 images. Still the same problem. After this I try with Ubuntu and Linux, its work perfect. I install again windows 10 and again the problem. When I connect an external usb keyboard its ok.
Also if i press the left arrow key for a long time the input is 4, for the right one is 6. But if i press them for a second its ok. PLEASE HELP!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>Everything after this release mess up my laptop. Thanks guys for the help, but its microsoft fold. But i dont know what they F up. I will send a message from the feedback hub just to see what they will gonna answer.>>>

Yep. Seems to be the case. Their new & unimproved lifecycle & heavy-handed update policies are likely gonna give an alternative operating system environment an open window of opportunity for the next few years---pun intended. :) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    What was the original factory-installed Windows version? Has its hidden ACER recovery partition been deleted? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

>To check this issue, click to clear the Use FilterKeys check box.
    Click the Start button, and select Settings.  Type Filter Keys in the Search box on the upper right corner.
    Open up Change how your keyboard works from the Search Results displayed in the Settings window.
    The new window opens Make the keyboard easier to use page in the Control Panel window.
    Uncheck the Turn on Filter Keys box. Click OK.

>Temporarily turn off Windows Defender and test your computer for a couple of days. 
  • alezzi
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answers. I try the filter key option, didn't work for me. The computer came without any OS (freedos) I have a Win 10 copy. And i think that i keep all of the disks from the laptop box. Its nightmare to work with the laptop now, i just need 5 mins to write this down :D I will try with an old copy of win 10 and if its not ok, i will try with xp
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Open Control Panel. Search "restore point". Click restore system and settings from a restore point. Check for an automatic Win10update  restore point with a timestamp that immediately precedes the time when the keyboard problem started. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alezzi
    Options
    Nope, that didn't work to. I delete everything from the ssd. Also all additional hidden ***** from MS. I try with windows xp, it was ok, then i upgrade to win 7, 8.1. Still no problem. Then i upgrade to 10, the last release. Again this problem, and that's why i delete the ssd again and now i'm with brand new (old) Windows 10 pro rs2 15063 and i disable all windows updates. Everything after this release mess up my laptop. 
    Thanks guys for the help, but its microsoft fold. But i dont know what they F up. I will send a message from the feedback hub just to see what they will gonna answer.

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>Everything after this release mess up my laptop. Thanks guys for the help, but its microsoft fold. But i dont know what they F up. I will send a message from the feedback hub just to see what they will gonna answer.>>>

Yep. Seems to be the case. Their new & unimproved lifecycle & heavy-handed update policies are likely gonna give an alternative operating system environment an open window of opportunity for the next few years---pun intended. :) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ