Night Owl DVR resolution output not set for monitor, can't change without seeing monitor...?

Drawingguy
Drawingguy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I stupidly changed the output resolution from my DVR. Now the monitor says "input not supported". But I can't change it back, because I can't see the controls on the monitor! I tried the reset button on the PCB, and it resets to default, but my ACER monitor still says not supported. I don't have a different monitor to try. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Drawingguy 

>Please check if the monitor has selected the correct input source where the DVR is connected. Try seclecting this port as input source on the Monitor Menu.

>If you still don’t see any image on your monitor you need to reset your DVR.
    Switch off power on your DVR.
    Remove the screws that hold the cover and take off the DVR case
    Turn on DVR and wait until fully booted
    Hold down small black button at front of DVR PCB (next to front panel ribbon cable) for 20 seconds or until DVR beeps
    Turn off DVR
    Turn DVR back on
    Resolution will be back to Default  -  Depending on the firmware version on your DVR, it will either be 1280 x 1024 or 1024 x768

>If after the two previous steps, you still don’t see any image on your monitor, you must call to DVR Tech Support. 

• skiptoit
    skiptoit Member Posts: 1 New User
    same with my acer monitor hdmi and/or VGA to DVR nightowl system, and same with PS3 if too high resolution.  PS3 and DVR/nightowl both work with 480 or 720 max, but NOT 1080 {input not supported}. However, monitor flickered with hdmi to DVR & dvi end to monitor.  PS3 with same cable no issues.   I do not recall if VGA cable from dvr to vga to monitored.  I went with different monitor w/VGA to DVR.  PS3 works with ACER with DVI to ACER with other end HDMI to PS3.  the other working monitor to DVR using 1024x768.