Issues with Screen Resolution and Mouse/Cursor Alignment

Options
Cerony
Cerony Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have not been able to get the resolution and alignment just right. The biggest problem is that the mouse doesn't click where the cursor actually is in certain cases. With most video players anytime I click the video timeline it is actually designating a part of the timeline somewhere to the left of where it's supposed to be. With certain programs like Google Docs and Roll20 the actual location the mouse will click is somewhere up and to the right of where it's supposed to be. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Cerony 

Please try the below mentioned steps : Right-click on your Desktop and choose "Screen Resolution"
    Click the option "Make text and other items larger or smaller", Check the box for "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays"
    Select the size that works best on your screens, Click Apply to save the settings
    Log out of Windows and log back in to apply the changes.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Cerony
    Cerony Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    I don't have the "Screen Resolution" option when I right-click on my Desktop. The only options I have that can change resolution are "Intel Graphics Settings" and "Display Settings". In Display Settings there is "Scale and layout" which can change the size of text, apps, and other items and "Resolution" where I can change the resolution with 1920x1080 as the recommended default. Playing with either of these hasn't provided me with anything decent and usually results in something worse.