I order and recieved 4gb stick of ram, and tried to add it to my aspire zc-700g, no luck?

willowwill
willowwill Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
the pc came with 4 gb of memory, and was told it can use 4 gb of ram added, for total of 8gb of ram, however I added 4gb stick of ram to open slot, and powered pc up, and it still only shows 4 gb of ram , what am i missing, does BIOS require settings changes for pc to recognize add ram stick.?  The stick i purchased is same as what came from factory in pc.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    It should work, the motherboard supports 8GB of ram using two 4GB sticks. Are you sure the new one is fully seated? If it is you could try removing the original stick and putting the new one in it's place to see if the new stick is good. With the new stick in the first slot you should still have 4GB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • willowwill
    willowwill Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Thanks for suggestio9n, I've tried that and using the in that came installed new from factory in back slot, with 4gb stick I purchased to increase to 8gb, i'm chatting now from this ACER with stick i purchased so i know it is good, just not sure why both stick installed dont = 8gb, was in mind that may be BIOS settings requ8ired to enable both 4gb sticks to operate? Respectfully, Will

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Boy, I don't know of any BIOS settings needed, it should just work. If you are still in warranty I'd contact Acer support, there is likely something wrong with that slot.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.