Any of Keyboard and Mouse not responding?

xcash
xcash Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I have Acer Desktop Tower (AXC-605-UB1F).

Eariler morning today, I noticed my mouse isn’t responding to computer. It’s logitech wireless that combo with keyboard but the keyboard itself is responding fine until I would say almost a hour later ... both wireless keyboard and mouse isn’t responding. So I had to change it to wired keyboard and mouse that come with the tower. Still both wired keyboard and mouse isn’t responding either. I tried to restart few times and still couldn’t responding. But only when I turn it on, the mouse and keyboard lights did came on but only for few seconds then it’s turned off and didn’t turn back on so I tried to restart again and it came same thing. Even I switched USB port to see if it work, still nothing. I am not sure what I should to do. Any advice? My other device as such extended hard drive by using USB, the lights still on and running fine. Only keyboard and mouse issues ... any help would be great appericate!

Thank you!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    xcash 

Use the keyboard or mouse with another computer. This way you will confirm whether the problem lies your keyboard and mouse or the PC. You may also connect another keyboard or mouse to your computer and see if that works.

If you have enabled Filter Keys, disable it and check. Open Windows Settings >  Ease of Access > Keyboard. On your right-hand side, toggle  "Ignore or slow down brief or repeated keystrokes and adjust keyboard repeat rates" under Filter Keys to the Off position and see.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • xcash
    xcash Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sharanji said:
    xcash 

Use the keyboard or mouse with another computer. This way you will confirm whether the problem lies your keyboard and mouse or the PC. You may also connect another keyboard or mouse to your computer and see if that works.

If you have enabled Filter Keys, disable it and check. Open Windows Settings >  Ease of Access > Keyboard. On your right-hand side, toggle  "Ignore or slow down brief or repeated keystrokes and adjust keyboard repeat rates" under Filter Keys to the Off position and see.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    I couldn’t use keyboard at all at the being of login screen.

Windows 10 Login Screen not recognizes to ANY keyboard and mouse (both wired and wireless) but when power up to start up and the keyboard is working fine before login screen. I am able to enter BIOS (keyboard working fine) and Acer Recovery Program (pressed by ALT + F10) and both keyboard and mouse working fine. ONLY Login Screen not working where I have to type in password to unlock  screen, however the keyboard’s number lock light went off when got on that screen, before that - it was light on while I am on BIOS and Recovery Program.

This not even make sense.

However, I tried those list.

1. System restore (failed third times).
    2. Refresh PC (failed).
    3. Startup Repair (failed). 
    4. Tried go on safe mode but keyboard and mouse not recognizing.
    5. I tried unplug both usb and restart without it until login screen open and reconnect both keyboard and mouse, still not recognizing.

I tried everything, seem nothing work at the login screen.

Any advice?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Sure sounds like you have one of the 'Ease of Access' settings enabled partially. Click on the icon from the login screen and check. Worse comes to worst you can get in using the on screen keyboard from there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • michaelsb
    michaelsb Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, I have the exact same problem as xcash. I have an Acer axc-704g-uw61 desktop. All USB ports stop working right after boot-up and just before the login screen appears. But they work in the bios setup. When I use f10 to enter recovery, it says:

error code: 0xc0000225. You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

I've tried several things. I've tried the keyboard and mouse in every USB port. I've left the keyboard and mouse unplugged at startup and plugged them in afterward. I even followed someone's advice and unplugged the PC and took the battery out for several hours. Nothing is helping.

To the best of my knowledge (I've had it two years), it didn't come with any recovery disc. Since all of my connections are via USB, there's no way for me to log in and do anything. Is there any solution or am I just out of luck? To the best of my knowledge (I've had it two years), it didn't come with any recovery disc. Is there a recovery disc available from Acer that I could order? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • billsey
    edited February 2018
    Same answer as before, though I imagine it's going to tough to click on ease of access without a keyboard or mouse. Perhaps a safe mode boot? Try holding the shift key down while lowering up, until you get the prompts.

Found another potential solution elsewhere in the forums: Try this
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rickster19
    Rickster19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2018
    Mine has done it twice in 20 days. had to do complete recovery.
  • 007Flash
    007Flash Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have an Acer Aspire, and the keyboard and mouse do not work on start up.Tried all of the fixes, and they don't work. By mistake I held down the F8 until bios, then cursed down to (Disable driver signature enforcement) hit enter and the keyboard and mouse works!!!!!!! This has to be done every time I start up. How do you fix this???????????? At least you can try this to get mouse and keyboard working.
  • billsey
    Flash, it sounds like your standard keyboard and mouse drivers have been replaced with some not-quite-kosher ones. Delete them via Device Manager and have it remove the files, then reboot and the stock ones will be reinstalled.
  • 007Flash
    billsey, the keyboard is two years old,and the mouse is three years old on same PC. I had black screen months ago,and took it to the geeks to trouble shoot the system. They said the power plant is weak (220watts). I bought a tower case from Fry's with a 350 watt power source and transferred the guts, added cooling fan. The PC worked great for six months, then keyboard and mouse failed on start up. Maybe reset to fact. defaults will fix this. Let me know
  • billsey
    Try just replacing the driver files as I suggested above. The fact they load with driver enforcement off means they are seen by the OS as modified. An OS reset would likely fix it, but at the loss of all your apps, requiring a bunch of reinstalls.
  • 007Flash
    billsey I tried to reset the OS and keep files. Now the PC is trash!!! It says Setup is starting services.with Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on the computer, restart the installation.   Lost Windows?????????????????
  • billsey
    That's why I suggested deleting the driver files using Device Manager instead of trying to do a full reset of the OS. Refresh and reset often fail when attempted with a corrupted OS install. Likely now you'll have to do an OS reinstall to get things back working. You'll want to use a different computer to download the version of Windows you are running, then use that image for the reinstall. Once you have everything back running you can reinstall your apps. If you have data that you really don't want to lose, boot from the install and use advanced to copy the data files off before starting the reinstall.
  • Kinking
    Kinking Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Can someone please help? 
    My acer mouse stopped working after I installed a chipset driver. 
    system restore has failed (5times) 
    Repair has failed 
    Formatting also failed 
    All attempts to get my mouse working has failed, can anyone please help? 
  • billsey
    Kinking, do you have the same model and version as the previous user? Have you checked each USB port? Have you tried different USB devices in each port? We need to pin it down to where the point of failure is.
  • KrierTech
    KrierTech Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem with my Acer all in one on windows 10. To fix this issue I would turn the PC on and of 3 times when it would reach the acer logo on boot which forced the pc to run start up repair. I than went to advanced recovery and uninstalled the latest quality update. If that doesn't work restart the process and uninstall the latest feature update. Once the pc reboots your mouse and keyboard should work. I would than go to Acers website and update all drivers. Also shut off windows update driver updates to prevent this from happening again.
  • JacH
    JacH Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have an acer aspire TC-885 desktop computer with keyboard and mouse. They are both wireless and come with a single USB connector. I am becoming more and more frustrated that the keyboard works when it feels like it and so does the mouse. Worse still the keyboard often either leaves out letters as I type, or add more of the same character in. So for instance, if I type hello to someone often I get elllloo or similar. (I have tried the sticky keys option.The USB plugged into the back of the desktop and the keyboard and mouse are literally on the same desk with it no more than 15" away. Is there something I can do? I have a TV in my room which is a smart TV which I listen to the radio on mostly. Can you advise as to why this problem keeps occurring? Trying to log into the bank is very hit-and-miss as with the security features you can't see if the word you type or the numbers are correct. Thanks.
  • billsey
    Switch to a wired keyboard and mouse, they will be a lot more reliable than a wireless set.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Dear JacH,

I own a TC885-UA91, knowing that Acer's peripherals are terrible. And I totally agree with billsey, switching to wired ones. Just don't use Acer's keyboards and mice, and you will be fine.