I split a little water on my acer predator g5-793

Sabrispayki
Sabrispayki Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Everything work well every button i clean the laptop when i spit a water i left the house and when i come back after 2-3 hours the keyboard dont light (no backlights) and i am very sad now.  I want to ask can this be fixed or not ? Can the service fix the backlight in laptop's keyboard ?

Best Answer

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    There no way to just fix the lights because they are built into the keyboard. You will either have to use it without the lights or replace the keyboard. Simple as that, there are no other options.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If the LEDs or the circuit responsible for them is dead, the whole keyboard has to be replaced. As water has entered inside the device, the warranty is voided, so you will have to pay for the service.

I suggest you to turn off the laptop and stop using it, as there could be still water inside the machine, which can damage other components if it comes in contact. Contact Acer and let them know what happened, so they can proceed right with the repair.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Sabrispayki
    it's Acer Predator G5-793 I7-7700HQ CPU 2.80Ghz , 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB Graphic Card.
    Every button is working the only problem is the backlight and i want to know can this be fixed or not ?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It cannot be fixed, as I mentioned from my previous post, the whole keyboard has to be replaced.

Also I advice to do my second suggestion.
    ven98 said:
    I suggest you to turn off the laptop and stop using it, as there could be still water inside the machine, which can damage other components if it comes in contact. Contact Acer and let them know what happened, so they can proceed right with the repair.

If you are not planning to send the laptop to Acer, you should open it up and remove the water that possibly has entered further inside the laptop and for several hours to make sure it completely dries out.

PS: It seems that the keyboard can't be replaced alone, it comes together with the touchpad, macros, power button, in other words the upper case as a whole.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Rares95
    Rares95 Member Posts: 120 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    If it worked, turned it off then turned it back on again WITHOUT HAVING IT DRIED, you just fried it yes. Nothing to do now. You should've thrown rice on it and wait for a few days.
  • With electronics, you should never use them if they are wet (those that are not made to get wet obviously). You should wait at a minimum 24 hours before even looking at it. As Rares95 said, if you were using it immediately after it happened, it is very likely you fried the keyboard.

There is no way to fix it other than replacing the keyboard.

Skelo
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

- Dr. Seuss
  • Sabrispayki
    With electronics, you should never use them if they are wet (those that are not made to get wet obviously). You should wait at a minimum 24 hours before even looking at it. As Rares95 said, if you were using it immediately after it happened, it is very likely you fried the keyboard.

There is no way to fix it other than replacing the keyboard.

Skelo
    But keyboard is working well everything is ok except the backlight. every button is working all keyboard is working the only probelm is lights

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    There no way to just fix the lights because they are built into the keyboard. You will either have to use it without the lights or replace the keyboard. Simple as that, there are no other options.

Skelo

- Dr. Seuss
  • Sabrispayki
    Hey guys i cant believe after a few days today my keyboard start to lighting i am very happy <3 thanks for answers all