Helios 300 G3-571 Undervolt Problem

Options
2»

Answers

• asimgok
    asimgok Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options
    well, sorry.. my maximum processor state was 99% while playing pubg that was why i was getting 69C. now i made it 100% and it is somewhere betweeen 73-77C. it is still better than before though
  • Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    well, sorry.. my maximum processor state was 99% while playing pubg that was why i was getting 69C. now i made it 100% and it is somewhere betweeen 73-77C. it is still better than before though

Decent enough temperatures, if you want to go lower try disabling Turbo in one of the ThrottleStop profiles, if the FPS is unaffected all good and the CPU should run a good bit cooler.

I tried it with the Metro Last light Redux bench test with my Predator 17 with GTX 1070 with everything set to maximum, made no impact to the FPS.  Although the game is old the bench test is pretty brutal.  Really depends just how CPU intensive the game is, the other benefit is reduced fan RPM.

Q-6
  • asimgok
    asimgok Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options
    well i always use max fan while playing pubg. and pubg is an EXTREMELY cpu intensive game. i have noticed that. 

btw i managed to get 70C in pubg (the temp i was getting with max processor state 99%) with TS. i am using 90 SpeedShift and only -102.5 Undervolt and no underclock. the cpu is around 69-71 and gpu is around 60C. 

however i noticed a new problem. my gpu clock while playing pubg is not consistent. it goes up to 1700-1800 and it drops to 1500-1600 sometimes. via msi afterburner i discovered that my gpu is limiting itself bc of power. (power throttling) why is that happening? my nvidia setting is max performance and all.. and plus i have fps drops in pubg at large cities and crowded places like Hacienda. i noticed that gpu usage drops in these kind of areas and that causes fps drops which is frustrating. 

any ideas?