My desktop is no longer finding my WiFi network, how do I fix this?

CoRo1
CoRo1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
I have an Aspire TC- 605 model desktop, which is less than 4 years old. Last week it randomly stopped connecting to my WiFi network and will not even pull up any wifi networks in the area. It was working perfectly fine the day before this issue. I have tried a ton of troubleshooting ideas and even went so far as to restore the computer to factory settings, none of which have helped. Can you please advise on this issue? I can provide any additional information if needed. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    It'd be worthwhile to check the antenna, they sometimes come loose and you'd have trouble connecting to anything.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited February 2018
    @CoRo1 and @billsey

I have a TC-605 too.  There's a few different Qualcomm/Atheros wifi/bluetooth modules that had trouble with Windows 10 fall creator update.

So what you have to do is....

1. Shutdown computer
    2. Unplug the computer from the electrical outlet for about 20 minutes
    3.  After 20 minutes, you can plug back in and turn on and your wifi should be alive and kicking

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/536703/aspire-tc-605-updated-now-no-wifi
    I'm not an Acer employee.