Can't log into my B3A30 tablet - out of the box

Options
frevoredo
frevoredo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 15 in 2018 Archives
Just took my B3A30 out of the box, but when I went through the initial screens I got as far as logging into my Google account.  Then it keeps asking me for my password in a loop.  Password I entered is correct (verified it with my PC to make sure). No idea why it keeps asking me the same question and won't allow me to skip this section.  Wifi is working.  After 3 tries I'm told I have to wait 24 hours before I can logon again.  Well now 24 hours have passed and the same things happens again.  I used my PC to investigate Google account and the device is registered in the Google account as one of my devices.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong??

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    frevoredo 

Was there any Google account already setup on this tablet?
    This is part of this new suite of security tools from Google called Factory Reset Protection.

Once the protection system is tripped, you've got a functionally useless smartphone until that 3-day lockout expires. If you've been locked out of your device and are looking for a workaround, sorry there isn't one that we're aware of. You're going to have to wait (you also cannot sign in to the phone using another account - this would kind of defeat the purpose of the feature).

1) You can try to reset your account password from another device, then wait for 24 (in some cases 72 hours) hours before trying to set it up. You can leave the phone powered on or shut it off, just don't try to do anything with it while you're waiting or you may reset the countdown. Waiting a full day is really frustrating, it's better than not having any access to your account and not being able to use your phone ever again.

2) You can try filling out this form or calling Google support.
    https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2 

3) You can also try a factory reset and all data will be erased :-
     turn off the tablet by pressing the Power button for a few seconds.
    After that keep holding on Volume Up and Power keys for a short while
    If you see ACER logo release all buttons.
    In this mode navigate by using Volume buttons to select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and confirm with the Power key.
    Then use choose "yes" by using Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to accept it.
    At the end select "reboot system now" by using the Power key.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    frevoredo 

Was there any Google account already setup on this tablet?
    This is part of this new suite of security tools from Google called Factory Reset Protection.

Once the protection system is tripped, you've got a functionally useless smartphone until that 3-day lockout expires. If you've been locked out of your device and are looking for a workaround, sorry there isn't one that we're aware of. You're going to have to wait (you also cannot sign in to the phone using another account - this would kind of defeat the purpose of the feature).

1) You can try to reset your account password from another device, then wait for 24 (in some cases 72 hours) hours before trying to set it up. You can leave the phone powered on or shut it off, just don't try to do anything with it while you're waiting or you may reset the countdown. Waiting a full day is really frustrating, it's better than not having any access to your account and not being able to use your phone ever again.

2) You can try filling out this form or calling Google support.
    https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2 

3) You can also try a factory reset and all data will be erased :-
     turn off the tablet by pressing the Power button for a few seconds.
    After that keep holding on Volume Up and Power keys for a short while
    If you see ACER logo release all buttons.
    In this mode navigate by using Volume buttons to select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and confirm with the Power key.
    Then use choose "yes" by using Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to accept it.
    At the end select "reboot system now" by using the Power key.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • frevoredo
    Options
    "Was there any Google account already setup on this tablet?"  This was a brand new tablet. It looks like syncing was attempted in the past judging by the response I get when i try to log in.  I've done a factory reset, thanks for that information I didn't see it in the manual I downloaded.  Hopefully in 24 hrs your advice will work.  Thxs =) 
  • frevoredo
    Options
    Well tried waiting but it didn't work.  Tried the factory reset, didn't work, I called Acer and asked for help and the end result was they told me someone else had registered this device on Google and I would need to send it in for repair to Acer at my expense or try returning it to the place where I bought it, which told me it would cost me a restocking fee to switch.  This is a prime example of a rip off by both parties involved (ACER and 
    Canada Computers & Electronics)
    . The store because there are charging me to restock a defective item, which they will just repackage and do the same to the next sucker who tries to buy the same device.  And frankly I'm dissapointed in Acer for not providing a method to getting around this delema.  The odd thing is that a "SKIP" feature is present but it's greyed out so it doesn't work. So basically because someone else tried this device and didn't like it everyone else is locked out of it forever.  Daaah how does this make any sense?  WON"T BE BUYING ACER PRODUCT EVER AGAIN.  

P.S. Thanks to those who tried to help.