Options
2»

Answers

• Aymane
    Aymane Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2018
    Options
    Undervolting is like giving your CPU the right amount of food so it can survive. if you add voltage,the amount added is just a bonus that causes fat ( heat ). that's why undervolting is good. Overvolting can cause heat issues, fans kicking more often and harder. On the opposit, Undervolting leads to better thermals and less fan noise. People have found the offset to be between -100mV and -90mV, so i dont understand why do you want to try -150mV. It will most likely cause your OS to crash.What you have to do is download a CPU stress app ( like prime95 or Aida64), choose a negative offset (start with -80mV) and run a the stress test for a while (like 5mins or so). If it crashes, you have to lower it, and repeat till you find a stable core voltage offset.
  • R7vmc
    R7vmc Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Aymane said:
    Undervolting is like giving your CPU the right amount of food so it can survive. if you add voltage,the amount added is just a bonus that causes fat ( heat ). that's why undervolting is good. Overvolting can cause heat issues, fans kicking more often and harder. On the opposit, Undervolting leads to better thermals and less fan noise. People have found the offset to be between -100mV and -90mV, so i dont understand why do you want to try -150mV. It will most likely cause your OS to crash.What you have to do is download a CPU stress app ( like prime95 or Aida64), choose a negative offset (start with -80mV) and run a the stress test for a while (like 5mins or so). If it crashes, you have to lower it, and repeat till you find a stable core voltage offset.
    it's already solved but thanks anyway
  • Merodiasu
    Merodiasu Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2020
    Options
    oh hey if anyone looking for undervolting GPU here's curve.When i tried apex legends temp was around 79c and before that it was 86c+
    hope it will work for you or I'm trash (ignore English)
    dunno if its right or wrong :(