Acer KG221Q stop working in under 24h

Afroze
Afroze Member Posts: 9 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Acer KG221Q stop working in under 24h I just bought this monitor yesterday within 24h its stopped working blank screen not led light coming when press buttons acer logo come for a sec and gone, All buttone stops working power light comes for a sec blue light and vanish when press buttons its comes and vanish what the hell is going on with my monitor ? cheap and local monitors works fine so acer is become worst then local and cheap brand ? wtf just under 24h ? anyone here can help about my problem Thanks....

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Afroze

Sorry to hear about your experience with the new monitor.
    Please try a power reset. Disconnect the power and data cable. press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
    Connect the power cable and power On the monitor.
    Check if the monitor displays "no signal" or "input not supported" message.
    Also, try connecting to another wall outlet.
    If the monitor displays the message, the monitor is working fine. Ypu need to boot your device in safe mode and try changing the display resolution on your computer.

Please get back to us with results and we’d be happy to help.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Afroze

Please try a power reset. Disconnect the power and data cable. press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
    If the monitor displays the message, the monitor is working fine. Ypu need to boot your device in safe mode and try changing the display resolution on your computer.

• Afroze
    Sharanji said:
    Hi @Afroze

monitor keep getting on off with blue light blink, I can see screen can see acer logo desktop display but its keep getting like that every few secounds. buttons are not working at all what's is going on ? I just checked on your site warranty status its showing only 3months left wtf. I bought this on 13th feb,
  • Afroze
    Sharanji said:
    Hi @Afroze

still same problem please help.
  • Sharanji
    Hi 

Afroze said:
    monitor keep getting on off with blue light blink, I can see screen can see acer logo desktop display but its keep getting like that every few secounds. buttons are not working at all what's is going on ? I just checked on your site warranty status its showing only 3months left wtf. I bought this on 13th feb,
    Thanks for the reply. This seems to be an issue with the power cable or internal hardware.
    The database sometimes has the device manufacture date, you may contact Acer support with the purchase receipt and they will update the purchase date and warranty.
    Please contact Acer support in your region and they will help you fix the monitor under warranty.
    Acer India : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• Afroze
    edited March 2018
    Sharanji said:
    Hi 

Afroze said:
    Thanks for the reply. This seems to be an issue with the power cable or internal hardware.
    The database sometimes has the device manufacture date, you may contact Acer support with the purchase receipt and they will update the purchase date and warranty.
    Please contact Acer support in your region and they will help you fix the monitor under warranty.
    Acer India : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

I logged a case with acer phone support case id XXXXXXXI. warranty still showing same 3months left. Thanks

[Edited post to removed unallowed content or personal information - Acer-Manny]