Aspire r 15 r5-571tg Screen Problems

Obscura
Obscura Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello Everyone, 
I seem to not be the only person with this particular laptop that has had screen issues. I am just over my warranty of course and my screen cracked. It was so small at first and I didn't even know it was why my touchscreen was messing up when I taught my online classes to children in China. Once I discovered the small crack I of course turned off the touchscreen and havent been able to use it since. I have been babying it and up until about 2 weeks ago the crack had just grown a little. Now, every time I open the laptop it is worse and worse. I am scared to even open it now and it has spiderwebbed at about 5 different places and goes all the way across the screen. I am so upset because I can't even begin to tell you how it got cracked in the first place let alone why it is so bad now. I could seriously cry because this laptop was so expensive and its not even technically paid off yet and yet the screen is so badly cracked that I even cut my finger on it. I am currently in a small town where no one can seem to help me replace it and Acer quoted me $400. $400 friggin dollars!! and the laptop isnt even paid off yet!!!! I have been looking online in many places and this seems to be a defect and Acer won't begin to acknowledge that thats even a possibility. If I dropped it or something like that, or put something heavy on the laptop I could totally understand why the screen is broken but I have done nothing but baby this thing. One, for the cost alone and two because this laptop is literally how I make all my income. I teach online and am a professional photographer who edits obviously on this laptop. I am writing this to know if anyone else has had this issue with this particular laptop. I feel cheated and I know this has to be a defect. I'm looking online for replacements and Im seeing them for $300! I knew it'd be expensive to replace but not that expensive! Especially when I literally did nothing for this problem to happen. Feeling super frustrated and I have never had an issue with Acer but I will never buy another Acer product again. Seriously. Sorry for the rant but I was even told by the customer service representative to post my "concerns" on here. So here I am. Thanks for whoever reads this. 

Comments

• christy3752000
    christy3752000 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

how old is the unit.contact the acer part partners and they can help you fixing it at low cost
  • sfgeoff
    sfgeoff Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same issue here - this laptop is *****.