ELAN PS2 Smartpad settings not present: Acer Aspire E5-575-53XH

Options
totbl
totbl Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi all,

I got my laptop yesterday, Windows 10 Aspire. Great so far, however I noticed that don't have the Elan smartpad settings available in the touchpad or mouse properties. 

Basically I want to be able to set up a scroll area on the right of my touchpad. I am upgrading from a Aspire V3-571, and this is how I have the touchpad set up.

Below is a screenshot of what I want to see, however in the new laptop, I can only adjust basic settings within the Windows 10 standard touchpad settings. I have updated the touchpad driver from the Acer site, uninstalled the old drivers etc and nothing seems to work. I even tried installing the driver from my other laptop, I wasnt expecting this to work and it didnt.

Does anyone have any advice on whether this is possible, or are the new Acer touchpads only configured via Windows settings?

Thank you

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>> I even tried installing the driver from my other laptop,>>>

If the other laptop is running Win7 or Win8.x, then try installing its driver in Win7 or Win8.x compatibility mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• totbl
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>> I even tried installing the driver from my other laptop,>>>

If the other laptop is running Win7 or Win8.x, then try installing its driver in Win7 or Win8.x compatibility mode. Jack E/NJ
    Hi JackE, the other laptop is Win10. I can't see if it's possible to have the Elan settings tool alongside the touchpad, all screenshots seem to show the settings being edited in the Windows 10 'devices' section.
  • totbl
    Options
    anyone from acer here to help advise please?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited February 2018
    Options
    totbl said:

Hi,
    You may have HID-Compliant mouse and not Elantech touchpad.
    Go to BIOS settings( click F2 as soon as you click Power button), go to Main tab and check whether Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is, click it and switch it to Advanced mode. 

• totbl
    Options
    totbl said:

Hi,
    Go to BIOS settings( click F2 as soon as you click Power button), go to Main tab and check whether Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is, click it and switch it to Advanced mode. 

it's already on advanced. There doesnt seem to be an answer on this from anyone so would good to get this cleared up - essentially I want to be able to single finger scroll using the touchpad.

thank you
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    totbl said:
    totbl said:

Hi,

it's already on advanced. There doesnt seem to be an answer on this from anyone so would good to get this cleared up - essentially I want to be able to single finger scroll using the touchpad.

thank you
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, single finger scroll is not available in HID-compliant mouse, you can have two fingers scroll but not single finger scroll.

• totbl
    Options
    totbl said:
    totbl said:

Hi,

thank you
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, single finger scroll is not available in HID-compliant mouse, you can have two fingers scroll but not single finger scroll.

Hi Brummyfan

Is it not possible to install a Elan driver though and be able to edit all the gesture settings there (as per screenshot further up this email)?

cheers
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi totbl,
    You could try switching to Basic mode in BIOS, then download Elantech driver from Acer support site and install, it might work but I am not sure as I haven't tried the method.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6752?b=1