does my gpu auto overclock ?? & CPU teamperture ??

batwick
batwick Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So i have the nitro 5 i5 variant, with the gtx 1050ti.... i have been able to play most of the AAA games in high detail at over 50 fps.... i want to know if i have to manually overclock the gpu (if so are there any restriction) or if my gpu auto-overclock to max possible settings..... ++ while gaming heavy games the cpu temp rises to 94 degree celcius even with the cool boost on. is that normal ????

Best Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Nvidia GPU boost 3.0 increases the clock speed of the GPU, if it is cool enough. In other words the GPU is self-overclocking when possible, within its thermal and power limits. If you want to get the most out of your GPU, it is better to use MSI afterburner or other 3rd party application, which lets you increase the power limit(if available) and control voltages.

94C CPU temperature isn't normal, so you need to undervolt the CPU, which will make it run much cooler. You can use Intel XTU or throttlestop to undervolt.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Begin with undervolting the CPU by -100mV on both core and cache, then keep reducing the voltage by 5mV with every step until the system crashes. Reboot the system and set the voltage to the last value the system was stable on. You should have a stress test running at the background while undervolting.

Undervolt guide with throttlestop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1srWgovdn8&feature=youtu.be

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Answers

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Nvidia GPU boost 3.0 increases the clock speed of the GPU, if it is cool enough. In other words the GPU is self-overclocking when possible, within its thermal and power limits. If you want to get the most out of your GPU, it is better to use MSI afterburner or other 3rd party application, which lets you increase the power limit(if available) and control voltages.

94C CPU temperature isn't normal, so you need to undervolt the CPU, which will make it run much cooler. You can use Intel XTU or throttlestop to undervolt.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• batwick
    how much should i undervolt my cpu to. i have the i5-7300hq....???
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Begin with undervolting the CPU by -100mV on both core and cache, then keep reducing the voltage by 5mV with every step until the system crashes. Reboot the system and set the voltage to the last value the system was stable on. You should have a stress test running at the background while undervolting.

Undervolt guide with throttlestop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1srWgovdn8&feature=youtu.be

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• batwick
    Thank You So much.....   =)