Acer Iconia W3-810 battery problem. Safe to use without battery?

spalmedina
spalmedina Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 15 in 2018 Archives
I'm having problems with my Iconia tablet. First of all, my cousin gave it for free to me so I didn't know what really happened. When I try to charge it at first when I received it, the led keeps blinking orange but sometimes it won't. Now, when I try to charge it, no led light comes on. Sometimes I can turn it on even if no led comes on (but it shows green when the device is completely turned on).
What causes this battery problem? I have already upgraded my BIOS to v1.07.

Second, can I use it with the battery unplugged? (battery connector unplugged) and continue to use it while plugged in on the outlet.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    I had to replace the battery in my W3 about a year ago. No big. In general if you have a clean power supply (switcher, not a wall wart) you can run a laptop or tablet without the battery.
  • spalmedina

Tinkerer

padgett said:
    I had to replace the battery in my W3 about a year ago. No big. In general if you have a clean power supply (switcher, not a wall wart) you can run a laptop or tablet without the battery.
    I wanted to replace my W3 and W4's batteries but I can't find anything online here in our country :disappointed: . So the answer is yes? I'm using a an automated voltage regulator with sockets for 110v and 220v. If it's safe to use with the battery unplugged, where should I plug my charger to?
  • spalmedina

Tinkerer

Update!

I ran the BIOS update tool again even if I already have the v1.07 and now when I charge it, it shows steady orange but when I boot it up, it shows on the charging icon no percentage and battery icon, and sometimes the touchscreen is not working. I'm thinking there isn't much power to use the touchscreen? lol.

I hope you guys can help me in my concerns. Thanks!
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I bought one of these  for mine but it was less expensive then