Why won't it upgrade?

Isabellawolf81Isabellawolf81 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
I was given a laptop years ago when a friend upgraded to another PC. I haven't had a lot of chance to use it because of traveling and my inability to figure out why it runs so slow. Recently a friend of mine tried upgrading it to Windows 10. Right now it has Windows 7. In any case, he wasn't able to get it to upgrade and I had to move on. I'd really love to use my laptop. Any suggestions? 
Oh, it's an Acer aspire 5100

FAQ & Answers

• RanY2JRanY2J Member Posts: 599
    I was given a laptop years ago when a friend upgraded to another PC. I haven't had a lot of chance to use it because of traveling and my inability to figure out why it runs so slow. Recently a friend of mine tried upgrading it to Windows 10. Right now it has Windows 7. In any case, he wasn't able to get it to upgrade and I had to move on. I'd really love to use my laptop. Any suggestions? 
    Oh, it's an Acer aspire 5100
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-fall-creators-update 

Well, look at the above link only computers listed in that list will support a Windows 10 full upgrade. If your computer is not listed under one, then you have to move on and see what options you've. It doesn't mean that your computer cannot be upgraded but you won't find appropriate drivers from Acer's site. That's being said, Windows 7 is not the end of the laptop, it can very well run Windows 10 flawlessly without any hassles. 
    BElieve in YOUrself.