password sign in

CobbleHill
CobbleHill Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 19 in 2018 Archives
I must have done something wrong when I activated my new Acer which requires me to enter my password twice before the computer will start up. Has anybody experienced this?

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    CobbleHill 
    Did this happen after any recent windows update that was installed on your device? 

Does this happen when you wake up the computer from sleep or restart the PC? 

Please try to change the User Accounts settings. 

Press Win + R, type netplwiz and hit the Enter button. You will find an option called Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. By default, this option is enabled. You need to remove the mark from the checkbox. 

Now, you need to enter the username and password and restart your computer. After restarting your PC, open the same dialog box and re-enable that same functionality. 

In simple words, you have enabled auto login and disabled it again. 

We look forward to your response. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• CobbleHill
    CobbleHill Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sharanji said:
    CobbleHill 
    Did this happen after any recent windows update that was installed on your device? 

Does this happen when you wake up the computer from sleep or restart the PC? 

Please try to change the User Accounts settings. 

Press Win + R, type netplwiz and hit the Enter button. You will find an option called Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. By default, this option is enabled. You need to remove the mark from the checkbox. 

Now, you need to enter the username and password and restart your computer. After restarting your PC, open the same dialog box and re-enable that same functionality. 

In simple words, you have enabled auto login and disabled it again. 

We look forward to your response. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Solved my problem. Thank you.