Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Nitro 5 Bulge under keyboard area

Fli_KildFli_Kild Posts: 1Member Newbie
edited February 13 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hi Everyone,

My nitro 5 has had a slight bulge underneath the keyboard area around where the g and space bar reside. I find this makes typing very uncomfortable and inconsistent, as well as making the laptop unable to sit flat on otherwise perfectly flat surfaces. the bulge is not very big, but it is certainly noticeable when typing the laptop and during regular use, as this also makes my touch pad's left clicker malfunction occasionally. I suspect this has something to do with the lithium ion battery in the device, as i have discovered it somewhat resides in the area which i am describing. It should also be noted that i have not damaged my laptop (with the exception of some scratches) since i purchased it. I have always kept my laptop flat on my desk. Does anyone know what could be going on?

Thanks!
Model number is AN515-51-50PN

Best Answer

• RanY2JRanY2J Posts: 193Member Mr. Fixit
    Accepted Answer
    Fli_Kild said:
    Hi Everyone,

My nitro 5 has had a slight bulge underneath the keyboard area around where the g and space bar reside. I find this makes typing very uncomfortable and inconsistent, as well as making the laptop unable to sit flat on otherwise perfectly flat surfaces. the bulge is not very big, but it is certainly noticeable when typing the laptop and during regular use, as this also makes my touch pad's left clicker malfunction occasionally. I suspect this has something to do with the lithium ion battery in the device, as i have discovered it somewhat resides in the area which i am describing. It should also be noted that i have not damaged my laptop (with the exception of some scratches) since i purchased it. I have always kept my laptop flat on my desk. Does anyone know what could be going on?

Thanks!

Batteries swell during its end, this is fairly normal and can happen to any computer for that matter. If you're using this laptop for a while, I highly recommend getting this checked out. If this is a new laptop, send it for a replacement. This can't be normal and the bulge will surely happen if your laptop's battery is weak and it can go up to explosion if the swell can damage the casing. Alternatively, you can take out the battery and see if it is causing the swelling or see if there's a leakage. 
    If you think I've answered your question, hit the Accept Answer and/Or Like 

"
    Knowledge is gained by sharing not saving it."

Answers

• RanY2JRanY2J Posts: 193Member Mr. Fixit
    Accepted Answer
    Fli_Kild said:
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Batteries swell during its end, this is fairly normal and can happen to any computer for that matter. If you're using this laptop for a while, I highly recommend getting this checked out. If this is a new laptop, send it for a replacement. This can't be normal and the bulge will surely happen if your laptop's battery is weak and it can go up to explosion if the swell can damage the casing. Alternatively, you can take out the battery and see if it is causing the swelling or see if there's a leakage. 
    If you think I've answered your question, hit the Accept Answer and/Or Like 

"
    Knowledge is gained by sharing not saving it."