Zest Plus (T08) : LED indicator

zmiles
zmiles Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
No blinking LED notification for emails, texts, calendar appointments, missed calls etc. Red LED is on when charging and turns green at full charge, so LED is working. I have researched extensively on internet and gone through all settings. Nothing. Made sure Flip cover setting is off. There appears to be no obvious LED indicator on/off setting anywhere in the Acer version of settings for Android 6.
How do I get the blinking LED notification indicator to function? If you know the answer, please be specific as I am getting frustrated.

Answers

• zmiles
    I love my ACER Liquid Zest Plus, this is the only issue I have, and it is frustrating.I don't understand. No replies? Am I the only person who has the issue of no LED notification on ACER phones with Android 6? I don't want to be forced to turn on my phone every few minutes to see if I have any notifications. I just want it to blink the LED as an alert when there is a notification, which I can easily see from across the room. My investigation to date indicates the elimination of LED notification in settings, is a decision made by ACER in their version of settings for Android 6. Perhaps to force use of the flip cover notifications feature instead? Here is the link for Android 6 developers (by Google) which clearly indicates this setting is available in Android: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/NotificationManager.html.
    Also, Google Pixel 2, which runs vanilla Android, has the option in settings to enable blinking LED notifications. So, why did ACER mess with vanilla Android, and eliminate this setting? The setting is also an option in Samsung phones and many others.
    This should be an easy fix for Acer, and certainly would make at least one customer happy.
    This is a forum, so let's discuss...... If I am wrong please set me straight. Don't we all at least want the option of a blinking LED notifcation setting? If not, why?
    Thanks

• zmiles
    Finally resolved the issue of lack of visible notification alerts by using a third part app. Performs well and little affect on memory or battery. Still disappointed that LED notification was not standard, but, for now, I am a happy camper.