reboot

PoAl
PoAl Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
Hi. Just today when I tried to boot my TC  780 NE Select i5, I get the message " Reboot and select proper Boot Device or insert boot media in selected device and press a key" Please help!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    There are a couple of things that can cause those symptoms, the worst being a bad drive or bad drive port. Often it's only that you have a USB flash drive plugged in that's *almost* setup for booting. Try again with everything disconnected but the keyboard and mouse. Also try a full power off, wait several minutes and power on. Sometimes that'll re-initialize the drive circuits and it'll spin back up and work. Finally, if you are out of warranty open it up and make sure the drive cables are fully seated.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PoAl
    Thanks,  Bill, I'll give it a try. I pulled out an SD card without ejecting it and I got the error message the next time I turned the Acer on.
  • PoAl
    Thanks, Bill. I pulled out an SD card without 'ejecting' it. The error popped up the next time I started the desktop computer.