Where Can I Locate and Download Missinng Drivers for My Gateway Computer (Model No: M305CRV)?

Kar_Woodz
Kar_Woodz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
 I have a Gateway Computer running the Windows XP Home Edition. This Computer System is Nearly Extinct but still works pretty well. So, I would like help in downloading drivers which have been categorized under "Other Drivers" in Device Manager. Presently, the computer is missing the [1] Base System Device [2] Base System Driver [3]Ethernet Controller [4]Multimedia Audio Controller [5] PCI Modem [6] SM Bus Controller [7] Video Controller [8] Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
I guess it would be important to note that I am also unable to connect to an Internet Service because of the missing Ethernet controller driver and the Computer does not support WiFi. If I could connect to the Internet, I would have Just updated them automatically or downloaded a Driver Updater Software,
I tried visiting both the Acer and Gateway Official Websites to download the drivers. Both sites asked for the Serial Number but when I type in Mine (which I found on the battery) it says it is Invalid. My serial number is 11 characters Long (including three(3) Capital Letters and the rest is just numbers). My Part Number is 7 digits long. Out of desperation, I tried to combine the two numbers to see if it would work..but it didn't. I flipped the computer to see if any of the other numbers (S/N, P/N) displayed there could help, but none helped :/
I also went one step ahead to try and find the driver information in Device Manager, that is the  VEN and ID numbers, but There are No driver details for any of the missing drivers.
I am willing to purchase driver installation CDs...Where can I find these to buy? The Customer Care Representative said something about an OEM disc, what is that?
The Customer care representative couldn't help and recommended that I post my issue here, so can someone help me, Please.
The Model No is M305CRV.

Answers