Acer Aspier ES-15

tatertod
tatertod Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I own an Acer Aspire ES-15 and a while back, I tried to reset the NTSF permissions on my laptop only for the repeated message of "cannot find the path specified" to pop-up repeatedly with only a few applications being successful. When I finally accessed my browser again, I noticed that everything was odd. Icons [programs] on the front page no longer have names under them, everytime I right click, the pop-up will be blank and no font or text is seen. The volume mixer opens, but, everything is blank. Almost everything is blank when opened aside from Firefox and a few other tabs. Does anyone know what caused this or if there is a way to fix this?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    tatertod 

There is no option to undo all the permission changes you did because your system became unstable due to misusing this utility. 

You should use the “Backup permissions” before using the utility so that you can use the  “Restore permissions” functionalities when you face any issues. 

This utility is just a shell that uses the following utilities from Microsoft: 
    icacls.exe – Change files permissions 
    takeown.exe – Take files ownership 
    attrib.exe – Change files attributes 

You may trying restoring to previous date before you ran this utility.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!