audio combo port

Options
larryspc
larryspc Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I use a Aspire R5-471T for audio and video at my church  Up until recently I have born able to run audio both ways thru the combo port but now I can only feed audio in or out. I use a Y adapter cable that has headphone and mic connections. Any ideas.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

larryspc 

Check if there was any recent windows update that caused the issue. Try restoring to  the device to previous restore point.

Also, check if the Y adapter cable is working fine with another device.

From the Start screen, type sound > select Sound from the search results. From the Playback tab > select the device that you want to use (there could be one or more devices). 

If the device you want to use contains a small circle with an arrow pointing down, the device is disabled. To enable the device, right-click the device name and select Enable. 

Also, click the Recording tab. Select the microphone, then click Properties. In the Microphone properties, click the Listen tab and check the settings. 

You can run the troubleshooting tool, from the Start screen, type troubleshooting >  select Troubleshooting > Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playbac >  Click Next. 

A new window opens. Select the device you want to troubleshoot. Then click Next and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• larryspc
    larryspc Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Sorry for the delay responding. I have gone thru all the settings, rolled back updates and drivers, and ran the troubleshooter but no resolution. The control panel will only recognize either “line in” or “headphone” thru the Y cable.I have tried a video converter thru the usb but that also does not work. Tomorrow I will plug in a usb microphone and check the sound quality to see if it is acceptable for streaming. Otherwise I will use 2 laptops, one for PPT and the other for streaming the service. Thank you for your input By the way I personally use a Mac and it is times like these I really appreciate my Mac’s.Have a great day.
    Larry