Use a GN246HL For 3D Movies

KaraokeAmerica
KaraokeAmerica Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I was thinking about buying one of these but I have no clue about 3D gaming monitors. Can I hook this up like any other monitor via HDMI and play 3D movies on it from say my laptop? I don't need sound from the monitor itself, but I have no idea how any of this works. Does it require a special video card or is that ONLY if you need 144hz refresh for gaming? What glasses do these things need? I have both passive and active DLP glasses for my other TV's. Do those work?

I have three 3D TV's and I'm pretty well versed in those, but "gaming monitor".........I've never been a gamer so I don't know. I just want something in this size range that will allow me to feed a 3D signal to it from a commercial 3D Blu-Ray player or from a 3D ripped media file via PC or Firestick etc.

Am I completely barking up the wrong tree? Nobody makes a 3D TV anymore and when they did they were never this small so.......

Thanks for the help!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    The blurb says: "Experience the most immersive entertainment there is – in your home! Use with 3D glasses to make visuals come alive." I note that 3D glasses aren't included in the box, so you'll want to budget for them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KaraokeAmerica
    KaraokeAmerica Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    The blurb says: "Experience the most immersive entertainment there is – in your home! Use with 3D glasses to make visuals come alive." I note that 3D glasses aren't included in the box, so you'll want to budget for them.
    Sorry....are you saying that I can do what I want to do here or......