Incorrect time on Z630

BZ235
BZ235 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
Hi all.
My Z630 (android 5.1) is now almost 2 years old and for some time has had trouble with keeping time. The problem is that time both on the default clock app and in the notification bar simply stops changing.
The only remedy is to stop getting automatic time, set it according to the phone time (which is correct), and then start again automatic time from the net. If I stop using time syncing from the network, the time I see will eventually be off. The same goes with GPS syncing. Rebooting corrects the time.
I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason, but it started after about 6 months I had it. I did not find this bug annoying until recently, but now I need to be able to rely on my cell phone for reminders, and this erratic clock messes it up.

Furthermore, since it may be related, my default clock widget sets my home to be Midway Island, and current location to be my home town, and I have no idea how to correct that.
Thanks for your time and help in advance
BZ

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    BZ235 
    You can also try enabling airplane mode for a few seconds, and then turning it off. That cuts the device signal off and then when you disable airplane mode, the cell will automatically search for towers, and then display the correct time. Are you running a lot of widgets? 

Also, for some widget, in the widget Configuration there is an option under Widget Settings which says "Use Local Time" and toggling this between "On" and "Off" affects how the widget displays the time. In the "Off" position it seems to use the system time of the device which should help solve your problem.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • BZ235
    BZ235 Member Posts: 2 New User
    The airplane mode made the phone display correct time. However, it lasted for only a few minutes. At first, the widget displayed the correct time, but notification bar did not. I just saw that digital clock and weather seem to "freeze time", and every few minutes it catches up until it gives up. The same behaviour was displayed by the simple clock widget.

Usually, I am running 4 widgets on my mobile phone: Digital clock and weather, Google calendar (schedule), Google search, and Settings (Power control). Clock and weather does not have any settings I can change regarding time source.
    To illustrate, this screenshot was taken at 16:56, at 16:40 I switched off airplane mode.

And to illustrate hometown problem (taken at 17:22):