XB281HK capped at 60Hz on Geforce/ windows menu.

Options
Robochef
Robochef Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 23 in 2018 Archives
Hi all,
Running the screen in question (XB281HK) on a Geforce GTX 1080Ti with the latest driver and supplied Displayport connected.
I've forced driver signage and installed ( https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/6375;-; ) for Windows 8 64xbit.
The windows display menu and driver menu/geforce display ranges only cap at 60Hz regardless of resolution.
G-sync and everything works perfectly, The OSD doesn't have any mention of overclock or the 144Hz.
Making a custom resolution ( 3840x2160 / 1920x1200 ) with either 100/120/144Hz seems to draw blank and then resets back to default.
Could this be a power issue, driver or something else entirely?

Thanks for the help.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi @ Robochef

This monitor has a Standard Refresh Rate of 60 Hz with Maximum Resolution of 3840 x 2160.
    The monitor has G-Sync, so your monitor will actually directly mirror the fps output of your GPU (at least until the you reach the FPS cap on your monitor itself). So yes, if you force your video card to output at 2k or 1080p, then yes, you'd get a 'refresh-rate', FPS increase.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Robochef
    Robochef Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My bad, I had it in my head somewhere that it was a standard rate of 60Hz that can be upped to 144Hz.
    Thank you though.