Aspire F5-573-75mp keyboard not working

gbcs2014
gbcs2014 Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Please help me with the keyboard not working on Aspire F5-573-75mp. this is a little over 1 year  old.
thanks a lot.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    gbcs2014 

Does the keyboard stop working at startup or once you login into windows?

Please the below mentioned troubleshooting steps:  
    First do a power reset, Press hold the power button for 10 seconds, disconnect the charger. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the computer. it simulates removing and reinstalling the battery. Connect the charger and power On the device to check the issue.

If you have an external keyboard, turn it completely off and then connect an external keyboard. You should be able to use the external to log in. Then, once in Windows try the following.
    Open device manager, expand keyboard and uninstall the keyboard driver.
    Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
    When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If you don't have an external keyboard to try, at the Windows login screen at the bottom in one of the corners should be an icon for ease of access. If you left click on it, one of the options available should be an on-screen keyboard. You can use that to login to Windows.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • gbcs2014
    gbcs2014 Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

The keyboard stops working at startup. i use the virtual keyboard to login. i have uninstalled the keyboard and reboot the laptop but did not work.
    Thanks a lot for your tip but it did not work.