Acer Aspire Z3731 Touchscreen problem in Windows 7

ChrisJ1972
ChrisJ1972 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
Hello. I have an Acer Aspire Z3731 I have had it second hand and I have tried the following

Going into Device manager and the HID Devices

still can't get it working, is the sensor bad?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited February 2018
    ChrisJ1972 

Please try the  below mentioned steps to isolate and fix the touchscreen issue.

1)Open Start menu. Right-click Computer 
    See the description under System > Pen and Touch:
    "No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display" means the LCD is not touch screen
    "Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points" mean the LCD is touch screen (the description will vary on different hardware)

2)Right click on "Computer" > "Management" > "Services and applications" > "Services", then disable the "Tablet PC Input Service", "TABLET Service", and "Tablet Service ISD”. To bring the touch input back, change the Startup type of these three services back to Manual.

3)Make sure that the touch options are enabled as follows:
    Click Start , and then Control Panel. Click Hardware and Sound. Scroll down and click Pen and Touch.
    From the Touch tab, make sure Use your finger as an input device is selected. Click OK.Press the screen to see if it responds.

4)In the Search box, type calibrate. Touch or click Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input in the list of programs.
    Touch or click the Calibrate button. You will be asked to touch the crosshair on the screen each time it moves across or down the screen.
    Touch or click Yes to save the calibration data. Touch or click OK.

If the above steps fail, you mat reset your computer to factory settings using internal recovery or rec@ChrisJ1972

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!