Nitro 5 Spacebar Backlight Dead Problem

CashMe
CashMe Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just noticed the backlight in the spacebar to my brand new (but just days past the return date) Nitro 5 is no longer lit up. Any idea how to fix this?

Best Answer

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I recommend you to try resetting the battey, follow the instructions.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• CashMe
    Thanks. I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. Wondering if there's anything else I can try?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    CashMe said:
    Thanks. I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. Wondering if there's anything else I can try?

I think some models don't have backlight for spacebar, I don't have in my F5-573 and the one in this video also don't have backlight for spacebar.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Ta9XLuvm0
  • CashMe
    CashMe said:

I think some models don't have backlight for spacebar, I don't have in my F5-573 and the one in this video also don't have backlight for spacebar.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Ta9XLuvm0
    Unless I'm losing my mind, I'm pretty certain the spacebar on the Nitro 5 is lit up. I doubled checked in photos and some videos to find it lit up but to be fair, I also found it in an Amazon user review photo as unlit. 

I did another battery reset and also drained the battery then recharged it to see if the backlight on the space bar would come back on but unfortunately, it still hasn't.
  • CashMe
    Ok maybe I have lost my mind because I found 2 Nirto 5 videos without the spacebar being backlit. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Loz
    Loz Member Posts: 2 New User

I thought my spacebar backlight just stopped working, but I remembered I sent a photo of my laptop to a friend not long after I bought it, found it and sure enough no light on the spacebar. Funny how you think you remember things.
  • Beppe
    Beppe Member Posts: 3 New User
    Ciao,
    io posseggo un ACER NitroAN515-52 e la barra spaziatrice non si illumina. E' normale?
    Grazie.
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    @Beppe
    Sì, questo è normale per il modello Nitro 5. Ne ho uno anch'io e la barra spaziatrice non è accesa.

• Beppe
    Beppe Member Posts: 3 New User
    tobimaru 
    Grazie sei stato molto gentile.
    Pensavo di doverlo portare in assistenza.
    Buona serata.