Panasonic Viera TV freezes when connected to Acer RN76 Mini-PC.

bjvtorseth
bjvtorseth Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
So, here's the situation: When I boot up the Acer RN76 Mini-PC while connected to the Panasonic Viera TV, the image will freeze during or shortly after the Acer splash screen and initial boot(If I connect the HDMI after boot, it will simply show a black screen).

This leads me to believe that the issue is somehow related to drivers or settings loaded during that initial boot.

Troubleshooting steps

Checked HDMI - I've tried three different cables, all of which function with the TV and other PCs or with the Mini-PC and other monitors. The TV also works with the Mini-PC up until initial boot, and I can access the BIOS. No fault there.  
Checked Mini-PC - The Mini-PC boots and runs properly, regardless of what monitor it is hooked up to. Other monitors function properly with it. No fault there.  
Checked TV with other PCs - The TV operates normally when hooked up to my desktop PC and an MSI Cubi 2 Mini-PC. No fault there.
Checked graphics drivers - I have updated to the latest drivers. It's an Acer driver, and the only one available, so no rollback is possible. Unresolved.

Comments

• bjvtorseth
    bjvtorseth Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have also booted to Ubuntu(Using a bootable USB) with no issues, so it's definitely software related.