Acer Aspire F15-573G-58YP - Windows 10 Home Single Language to Windows 10 Pro

sonichackintosh
sonichackintosh Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Greetings,
I am now the owner of an Acer Aspire F15-573G-58YP.. and I would like to upgrade from Windows 10 Home Single Language (the one that came with this laptop) to Windows 10 Pro to get more features like BitLocker as well as more control on Windows 10.

I have acquired a Windows 7 Pro retail product key, and it appears to work on Windows 10 Settings' Change Product Key option. HOWEVER, I have a few concernings about this,
1. Will this affect my warranty? A bit doubtful on that especially if it involves the operating system.
2. Will this, somehow, modifies the recovery partition up to a point it is unusable? The reason why I care about this, having an ability to restore my laptop to factory settings over recovery will be a peace of mind if anything goes wrong with my laptop even if it's running Windows 10 Pro. And I heard many issues from different users about the recovery not working with an upgraded version of Windows. I had a major issue with my previous Acer laptop and the recovery's reset function was really helpful (although it failed on another computer I own).

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    sonichackintosh 
    1)It should not affect warranty since you are upgrading from the factory shipped operating system.
    2) It should not affect the recovery partition, however it is recommended to create a USB recovery media before making any changes to your computer.
    To upgrade from one Windows edition to another, product key is a must to activate the operating system on your PC to keep it working.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited February 2018
    If you use your pro key to activate your home single language, windows 10 will upgrade to pro on it's own.
    No need to go through the installation process, saves time.
    Hope that helped you.
  • MikhailP
    MikhailP Member Posts: 1 New User
    Acer swift 3 laptop was purchased with Windows 10 Single Languages preinstalled. It was decided to install Windows 10 for Education + Office 2016 Pro. Installation took place from a USB-drive with the removal of old partitions and the creation of new ones. After installation, Windows cannot be activated and, accordingly, the office is also not activated. When activated, error 0xc004f050 occurs. I assume that the BIOS key is sewn from a different version. How to solve the problem?