Problems upgrading from i3 to i5

Punto87
Punto87 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Hello guys
I have a Predator G3610 with i3 2120 3.30ghz and got myself an i5 -3570k 3.40ghz.
I swapped them and then when I hit the power button fan starts spinning but it beeps 4 times and the monitor doesnt even start up.
So everything looks good except for the screen that doesnt get a signal.
I downloaded the latest BIOS for my motherboard and still nothing.
Can you guys help me out here?

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    As far as I know BIOS PO2 doesn't support Ivy Bridge(this is what I think the 3rd gen was called), you need PO3 BIOS for that, but unfortunately you can't update the firmware to PO3, because the motherboard doesn't support it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    I think the issue here could be that the BIOS/motherboard doesn't support 3rd generation core i CPUs. Also the motherboard doesn't support overclocking, so there wasn't a point in purchasing a K CPU.

Are you sure only the screen doesn't start up? These 4 bleeps likely mean that there is some kind of an error. The fan spins, but is the system really booting?

Can you post the BIOS version that is currently running on your system?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Punto87
    Punto87 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2018
    Everything starts up according to the sounds my pc makes when it acctually starts.
    Bios is I think called P02-A2 those were the latest to download.
    Both cpu's are LGA 1155/socket H2
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    As far as I know BIOS PO2 doesn't support Ivy Bridge(this is what I think the 3rd gen was called), you need PO3 BIOS for that, but unfortunately you can't update the firmware to PO3, because the motherboard doesn't support it.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system