XC-703 Bios flash help needed!

Options
BiosNoob
BiosNoob Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
Unfortunately my XC-703's HDD decided to die and when I an trying to use a different HDD I am not able to boot. Through some research I found out that I need to update the bios since I have no Launch CSM. Can someone explain how do I do this please? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Well, I'm not convinced it's a BIOS problem, the last updates were in November of 2015 and it looks like they were a bug fix to Intel microcode and support for non-Windows OSes... Be that as it may, you put the BIOS files on a flash drive, tweak the BIOS settings as described in the install doc from the Appendix folder in the BIOS download, and with a couple of boots it will start a DOS session using the flash drive. You then type the commands that execute a batch file and it flashes the new BIOS version for you. Restart and enter BIOS again, set it to use factory defaults and you should be good to go.

What different HDD are you trying? What's already on the HDD (if anything)? Which OS are you trying to install (or are you trying to boot from a HDD that already has an OS on it)?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BiosNoob
    Options
    Hello billsey, 

Thanks for your reply.
    I have tried 2 different hard drives, a 120GB SSD which I use on my main computer(with windows 10 installed) and a normal HDD that I used to used as a backup drive(with a windows 10 fresh install). I have tried to turn off the secure boot option through the BIOS but it is not allowing me to boot from neither of the drives. Having said that they are being found as you can see in the picture attached. 
    Also when trying to boot from the USB Drive to flash the BIOS I can't seem to manage. I have tried following the Appendix but I'm not sure if I am doing it right or not.

BiosNoob

• BiosNoob
    edited February 2018
    Options
    CAan Any body Help please?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    which BIOS version is installed ?
    I'm not an Acer employee.