R11 blinking orange indicator light

brickt
brickt Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
There are 2 indicator lights on the left front edge (facing user) of my R11 Chromebook. The left one has a picture label of a light bulb and the right one has a picture label of a battery.
When the lid is up and Chromebook is turned on, the left indicator is a steady blue. When I close the lid while logged into my account, the light turns orange and blinks. If I log out and close the lid, the indicator is dark. Is this normal?

I borrowed an Acer Chromebook a few weeks ago that looks just like the R11, but without the touchscreen, and that one did not blink orange when I closed the lid while logged into my account.
What does the blinking orange light mean?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    edited January 2018
    It's in suspend or standby power-saving mode. Ready for action when the lid is opened again. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AntoJoseph
    AntoJoseph Member Posts: 83 Fixer WiFi Icon
    The left light is orange if the computer is in sleep mode, blue if awake.
  • dayshiaandrade12
    dayshiaandrade12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    The left light is orange if the computer is in sleep mode, blue if awake.
    but how do you get it off sleep mode when it won’t do anything but flash orange, it won’t even turn on, it’s as if it’s not charging 
  • JackE
    dayshiaandrade12

Remove the charger. On the bottom check for a pinhole with a battery symbol. Gently insert a paperclip into the hole for about 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Then let the machine rest for about 15 mins. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• shoeboxfoto
    shoeboxfoto Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks JackE ! This helped for my Acer Swift 1 as well. 
  • JackE
    shoeboxfoto   Congrats on your success!   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ