What to do with Aspire A515-51G-5536 100% disk usage out of the box

Options
roeyke
roeyke Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,
I bought it two month ago.
From day 1 It works very slow and shows 100% disk usage when looking in to task manager.
I tried the Alt F10 for factory reset but same issues.
I contacted the online technical chat service and they told me to try : 
  1. go to services and disable "windows search"
  2. go to services  and disable "Superfetch"
  3. go to "regedit" and make changes there.
and more and more deep windows configurations.

I am in Israel and i need the laptop now so customer service told me to send it to the US lab and they will check it and send it to US address .It will probably take at least 2 month to have it beck (and off course the dangerous of new damages in sending laptop between countries).

Any suggestions? 

regards

roey k

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    Options

When looking in Task Manager which processes are using the most CPU % (click on CPU, may need to click twice to get high burners to top).

Usually when I see CPU utlilization that high on a new box it is trying to update and you may be on a slow line.

Microsoft has made Windows 10 Update very hard to turn off but you can select when it will try - go to Settings>Update and Security>Windows Update>Change Active Hours but it may still try to download. You can also go to Advanced Options and pause updates for a number of days. You can also limit the bandwidth used for downloading by dripping down a few levels (yet another Advanced Options...

• roeyke
    roeyke Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thank you for the response.
     I tried it all windows update/skpe/chrome/idrive.
    its not the CPU but the DISK
    even change the msi and the ahci
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options
    Well if you go to Task Manager and click on Performance/Disk (may have to click twice on Disk) something must be using thee disk a lot. What are those processes ? How big is your disk (looks like 128GB is smallest) and SSD or rotating ?
  • Fence181
    Fence181 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I cannot believe that when the community member stated the 100% disk usage, it is not the CPU it is the HARD DRIVE. Received an email from support and got the same answer, we will pick it up for free and check the computer out....fantastic, considering all test conducted on the hardware report no issues, even when the hard drive is tested there are no issues, yet the issue continues. I have lost some 39 hours of time with this ***** with no result, it is about time ACER bit the bullet and spoke with Microsoft to explore a fix.