Acer Aspire R Will Not Charge Properly

Options
Golfer
Golfer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey guys,
Having trouble with my laptop. Its an Acer Aspire R15 and when I plug in the charging cable it will only charge for 5 minutes then return to using battery power. I can get it to stay charging but it has to be set in a certain position. Do I need a new charging cable or is the actual socket in the computer busted? 

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @ Golfer

The easy option to isolate the issue is by swapping the charger for another, or trying this charger on another device.  

You can also check the adapter using a multimeter. Plug in the adapter. Wrigle the cable and check the adapter. If you see voltage or amperage that jumps around from high to low a high, Make sure it's putting out the rated voltage. Ditch that adapter immediately.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @ Golfer

The easy option to isolate the issue is by swapping the charger for another, or trying this charger on another device.  

You can also check the adapter using a multimeter. Plug in the adapter. Wrigle the cable and check the adapter. If you see voltage or amperage that jumps around from high to low a high, Make sure it's putting out the rated voltage. Ditch that adapter immediately.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!