Acer Predator G6-710 crashing seemingly randomly. Possible power supply issue?

TechSupportGore
TechSupportGore Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Ok, so I had bought this computer around September of 2017, and up until the current date, it has consistently crashed everyday without fail. Sometimes it freezes once, sometimes seven times in a day. Sometimes I get to see the blue screen error message before it freezes, and my error is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. When googling this particular error, it says that its a hardware issue. Most of the issues related to this BSOD error is to do with CPU overclocking, I've never used the CPU overclocking program that comes with the computer, nor have I attempted to alter it's clock speeds. Most sites suggests disabling overclocking in the UEFI BIOS, but it appears that I don't have access to ALL of the BIOS only a limited choice of options. For example I cannot alter settings with the CPU. Therefore I am stuck in terms of ruling out the CPU. I have tried taking everything in the PC out, plugging it back in. No difference. I know for a fact that it is not the Nvidia Card as I've got all the necessary and up-to-date drivers. I have a suspicion that it is the power supply, baring in mind that I'm a novice when it comes to these kinds of things. The reason I believe that it is the power supply is because it freezes randomly, not when the computer is under heavy load or playing intensive games. It is purely random, like mentioned above, it can freeze once to seven times a day at anytime. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    PSU can be the culprit but can be also bad ram or some issues on mainboard too, i suggest you to contact Acer support service and ask for a check.
    I'm not an Acer employee.