Do you guys install ram or any stores that does it?

MasterParsa
MasterParsa Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited July 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a Acer Acpire ES1-531-C2KX or aspire ES 15 and I am wanting to buy 8 gb of ram for it but I'm too afraid if I try installing it I'll brake it so is there a place that does that? I live in  Raleigh, NC pls help

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    @MasterParsa

This model has one DIMM socket that supports up to 8 GB of DDR3L Single-channel DDR3L SDRAM.
    It supports DIMM speed 1600 MHz with voltage 1.35 V and 204-pin SO-DIMM package.

You need to remove and Lift up and remove the palm rest/upper case. Disconnect the battery cable from the mainboard before installing the memory modules. Insert the memory module at a 30° angle into the DIMM slot  and then press it down until it locks into place. The module is keyed so it can only be inserted in one direction. If the module does not fit, make sure that the notch in the module lines up with the tab in the memory slot.

If you are unable to do it on your own, please get help from a technician at a retail store.

You can also check with Acer support in your region if you can ship it in to upgrade the memory modules,
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    @MasterParsa

This model has one DIMM socket that supports up to 8 GB of DDR3L Single-channel DDR3L SDRAM.
    It supports DIMM speed 1600 MHz with voltage 1.35 V and 204-pin SO-DIMM package.

You need to remove and Lift up and remove the palm rest/upper case. Disconnect the battery cable from the mainboard before installing the memory modules. Insert the memory module at a 30° angle into the DIMM slot  and then press it down until it locks into place. The module is keyed so it can only be inserted in one direction. If the module does not fit, make sure that the notch in the module lines up with the tab in the memory slot.

If you are unable to do it on your own, please get help from a technician at a retail store.

You can also check with Acer support in your region if you can ship it in to upgrade the memory modules,
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!