Need a Low cost wireless Continuum solution? An Acer Jade Primo is a good start....some tips!!

Options
Greywolf1967
Greywolf1967 Member Posts: 46 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
 I am going to assume you have an Acer Jade Primo and you followed the advise here to move up to the Anniversary Update ( Topic posted with fast ring instructions ), so now you would like to use your Acer Jade Primo as a Mobile Work Office.
 Please note I like to work on a budget so for me the term Awesome for Less is how I look at things. Also note my Mobile Office landed just shy of $500 (Canadian), all in !!
 Acer Jade Primo Desktop Package ( Was on sale as there was a price drop after Acer killed Support/Updates ), so be frugal my friends wait for sales and mark downs and stock clearence deals!!!!
 I added a Microsoft Comfort Sculpt Bluetooth Mouse when it came on sale, and the last part was a Laptop from best buy, an open box markdown ( likely a Christmas return ). The Laptop was a massive deal $200.

Now you may think me crazy to buy a 14" low spec, low cost Windows 10 Laptop but there is a reason why I did this. The Laptop is basically A Screen and Keyboard for Wireless Continuum, with the added bonus of having a fairly good battery to use as extra power for the Phone ( not that the phone needs much help as it has great battery life).

Before connecting Continuum with the Phone....pair the phone and mouse via bluetooth. If you pair the mouse to the laptop, in Continuum the mouse suffers almost no input lag. Lag you will see if you use a mouse and keyboard paired to the phone when wireless connected to a display. 

So most if not all your Office needs can be done on phone, and if there is a program that requires X86 the Laptop is there. However split your duties between devices ( Phone/Continuum for work, and Laptop for play web browsing). This also means you can strip out Office apps from the laptop.

Now 1 thing to research when doing a wireless Continuum set up is does the device I am Projecting to support Miracast?

Does anyone know what Low Spec Low Cost Acer Laptops support Miracast?? ( If you want to keep your set up in the same family of devices)

Just to compare The HP Elite X3 ($999 CAD) and it's Lapdock ($799) from Microsoft. and I can do everything it can almost for $500.

I'd say the Acer Jade Primo is still looking good at this point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!