I have an Acer Aspire e380 desktop with a Nividia graphics driver. Windows 10 doesnt support driver

Options
jra76040
jra76040 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire e380 desktop with a Nividia graphics driver. This PC originally came with Windows Vista nd I have now upgraded to Windows 10. Unfortunately the screen is horizontally skewed and no resolution corrects it. I have contacted Nividia and they said the driver does not support Windows 10. What driver do I need or how do I correct this annoying problem?

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

jra76040

Usually whenever you upgrade or install a new OS there are Driver issues. 

Have you check for Nvidia grahics adapter at Nvidia website?
    This model has chipset integrated display adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6100 / nForce 430.

There are a couple of things you should check in this case.

1) Try the maximum resolution supported.

2) In NVIDIA Control Panel-> "adjust desktop size and resolution" use:
    "aspect ratio", and "scale on GPU"
    confirm proper Resolution
    *If you change Any of these four settings, click Apply.

3)You can also right-click on the desktop and choose Display Setting. If you see a “Scale and layout” section, make sure the resolution is set to the “Recommended” value (if you don’t see the Scale and Layout section but there’s a link for Advanced Display Settings, go there first).

4) Right-click on the Nvidia adapter in device manager and choose “Update Driver”

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• jra76040
    jra76040 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I've already contacted Nividia. They said they have nothing to fix it and to contact Acer. I did that and they sent me here.