Gtx1060 or Gtx1050ti for upgrading my predator g3-605??

Joni_1314
Joni_1314 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Hi
Guys, i know you are so experienced and please help me to upgrade my G3-605. I am in a huge hunger to upgrade it so i don't need to play PUBG with lowest setting and around 45 fps.
here are the specs of my pc.

Questions is, Can i upgrade my graphic card with Gtx 1050ti or Gtx 1060? I guess i will use this computer for another 2 or 3 years, so should i pick a cheaper one which is Gtx 1050ti ? I've heard gtx 1050ti has the feature of overclocking so, i wonder if i got it installed, do i have to find a compatible motherboard for overclocking it ? Or,if i understand right, will gtx1050ti overclocking it self regardless what kind of motherboard i am using?

Question 2 if i may ? 
I find out, my motherboard have 4 ram slots and two of them are utilized by 2 of 4 gigabyte ddr3 ram stick and 2 are empty. I am aiming to upgrade the ram larger reaching 16 g so it may boost my gaming experience bit. Do i need to change the originally exist 2 by 4 g ddr3 ram into 2 by 8 g ddr3 ram, so which means i have to throw away the original sticks so i can keep the so called "duel channel" function? Or maybe i can just economically buy two 4 g ddr3 ram and add them into the rest two slots so as a result i will have 16 g total cpu memory?

Hoping for getting your responds soon and thanks a lot !!!!!! 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I think now is the worst time to upgrade the GPU, because the GPUs are way too overpriced at the moment. The price of the GTX1060 has increased more than twice compared to when it was launched and the same goes for GTX1050ti and all other GPUs. You can check the price of the GPU here and compare it to the price of when it was launched.

There should be no problems installing this GPU in your system and overclocking it, except one. It is better if your motherboard supports UEFI BIOS. If it is legacy BIOS(if you have windows 7, then it is legacy), the GTX1050ti or 1060 might or might not work. In theory it should work, but Nvidia states that Legacy BIOS is not supported.

To your second question, the 2 RAM modules that are currently installed work in dual-channel. The 2 free slots are also dual-channel and they are not related to the other 2, so you can buy another 2 RAM modules and install them on the free slots(make sure they are the same type to each other, so they can as well work in dual-channel). The only thing you should make sure is that the new RAM modules support the same latency(CL-11) as the already installed ones, otherwise the system won't boot. Make sure the frequency is also the same(the frequency of the RAM modules currently installed is 1600MHz).
    This is an example of what you should look for.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!