Spin 5 SP513-51 keyboard replacement?

DerCribben
DerCribben Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, recently I bought a Spin 5 in Europe where I am living and when I was asked if I minded a German keyboard I said it didn't matter because I thought the only difference was the Å we use where I'm living in Finland was a Ü but it turns out that they use a "QWERTZ" keyboard rather than the "QWERTY" we use in the USA (and in Finland). My question is whether the keyboard is a replaceable item on this unit? On most other laptops I've had it was not only replaceable but it was user serviceable, this is the first laptop I've had that opens from the back instead of the palmrest. I write a lot in school and for work and this qwertz thing is really throwing me, I'll use the stickers if I have to but it would definitely be worth it for me to send it in and get a Finnish keyboard put in.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi, DerCribben

You need to open from the back and remove other parts to replace the keypad, If the device is in warranty, you may check with the Acer technical support in your region for options to replace the keyboard http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• DerCribben
    DerCribben Member Posts: 2 New User
    Cheers! Thanks for replying. Yeah, I've already been in the back of my machine to swap out the SSD but I'm pretty sure going any further than that would void my warranty. I'll contact support when I'm ready to send it in but I was wondering if anyone knew if it was even a serviceable part or if it's part of the systems board itself as I believe the processor is on this unit (unless I'm incorrect). If switching keyboards equates to replacing the entire, perfectly working, systems board then I'm going to have to suffer through or find another option.