cant boot from USB on acer aspire E 15

biglegend
biglegend Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2023 in 2018 Archives
so i want to install windows from my usb stick but its not showing up in the boot menu,
also i cannot change the secure boot mode in the bios.

hope someone can help me thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    USB flash drive must be GPT partition scheme and FAT32 formatted, follow these steps to create the correct one:

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data *
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot if it's a laptop or Del key if it's a desktop, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 or Del key to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JHP
    JHP Member Posts: 114 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I do need to say this - this person having this problem better have a WIN OS 8+ computer to use rufus and the iso file.  Otherwise you are pretty much screwed.  Anything older than Win 7 and using rufus wont make the GPT partition
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    JHP said:
    I do need to say this - this person having this problem better have a WIN OS 8+ computer to use rufus and the iso file.  Otherwise you are pretty much screwed.  Anything older than Win 7 and using rufus wont make the GPT partition
    as far as i know, all the E15 models had at least windows 8
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JHP
    JHP Member Posts: 114 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Ok then ...I mis-undertood the post - If the poster cannot boot from USB then they need another comp win 7 or 8 (+) to get rufus and the iso file to make the bootable file on the USB,,
    Believe me i'm on that road right now and it's full of detours :)